onsdag den 19. juni 2013

Salmon steak (burgers)




My cooking and baking activities are at a low at the moment. I'm not fond of it, but even though cooking makes for an excellent displacement act, I simply have to prioritize my thesis. I have to eat, of course, so I do throw the occasional quick, easy, and corner-cutting dinner together. Like yesterday, when I made salmon steaks which we threw into burgers. Normally I like to bake my own burger buns, but this time I went for the quicker solution and bought some nice wholegrain ones instead. Personally I don't think fish burgers call for much stuffing or pimping up, so I simply added some cucumber slices, a bit of lettuce, and a dressing made of low-fat creme fraiche, fresh dill, a squeeze of lemon juice, a hint of salt, and some lemon grass. Super easy and time-friendly but very delicious nonetheless.

Salmon steaks (makes 4):

500 g salmon fillet without skin
6 tablespoons finely-rolled oats
2 tablespoons wholegrain flour
4 tablespoons fresh dill, finely-chopped
2 carots, grated
1 egg
1 small onion, chopped
1 spring onion, finely-chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Salt and pepper
Olive oil for frying

Put the salmon in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Add egg, oyster sauce, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper, and blend until well-combined. Pour the mixture into a bowl, and stir in grated carrots, dill, spring onion, flour and rolled oats. The texture will be sticky, but be careful not to add too much flour - that will just make them dry. Make four steaks and fry them in olive oil on a non-stick pan on medium heat. Bon appetit!

Dansk: Jeg har ikke megen tid til de store køkken kunster pt; i stedet er der ofte nogle nemme og tidsvenlige springe-over-hvor-gærdet-er-lavest-retter på menuen, som fx. disse laksebøffer, jeg lavede i aftes, og som vi spise i burgere. De synes, de blev superlækre. Bon appetit!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar