onsdag den 25. september 2013

Marvellous macarons with licorice and chocolate


I'm mad about macarons, but I've always been a bit hesitant to embark on making these bites of sophisticated frenchness myself; they always look so perfectly round and flawless, and I just didn't think I could pull it off. Whether I did is debatable, at least with regards to appearance, but I love how they turned out taste-wise. I served them at my 'yay, I'm done with school' party, and they were given quite a lot of compliments. So, if you too are hesitant to take on these cute thingies, don't be; I'm majorly clumsy in a kitchen (and other rooms too), so if I can do it, so can you. And the homemade look is actually kind of charming, don't you think? I can't wait for my next macaron adventure. For these first ones I wanted to keep it simple, so I followed a very basic recipe from The Food Club rather slavishly, though with a few taste adjustments.

Licorice and chocolate macarons:

Macaron dough:
43 g blanched almonds
75 g powdered sugar
2 teaspoons licorice powder (I used a sweet version)
1 egg white
25 g sugar

Filling:
100 g dark chocolate, 80 %
1 dl. double cream
1 teaspoon licorice powder

Blend the blanched almonds until you have a fine flour. Add powdered sugar and licorice powder, and blend again. Beat the egg white into a stiff consistency, then add the sugar and beat until well-combined. Carefully toss the almond flour in the egg-sugar mix and combine as best you can (as you can see I had a little trouble avoiding the almond flour from clotting). Use a small spoon or icing bag to put 24 little blobs of the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, and let them rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the filling; coarse chop the chocolate and reboil the cream. Pour the hot cream onto the chocolate and stir lightly, until smooth and well-combined, and let it cool in the fridge. When the macarons are baked, carefully remove them from the baking paper. With an icing bag, spread the filling onto half of the macaron bottoms and top with the other half.

Happy macaron making!

Dansk: Efter lang tids tøven har jeg nu omsider fået kastet mig ud i at lave macarons, og ved I hvad? Det var slet, slet ikke så svært, som jeg havde frygtet, og det gik (næsten) helt glat. Ganske vist havde jeg lidt svært ved at undgå små klumper i dejen og dermed macaronernes overflade, men det er vel egentlig meget charmerende, at de ser lidt hjemmelavede ud, ikke? For at undgå at overkomplicere det fulgte jeg en meget simpel opskrift fra The Food Club, både på bundene og cremen. Dog lavede jeg lidt små-justeringer og brugt for eksempel lakridspulver i stedet for kaffe. Du kan finde Dittes opskrift her. Og skynd Jer så at komme i gang med at bage disse lækre franskheds-bidder; I vil ikke fortryde det.







Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar